At a glance:
The Brooks Sports IT team is currently providing the business with critical data to generate insight regarding sales and external market data, but their original enterprise data warehouse was not keeping up with the growth of the business and the IT organization. Logic20/20 developers provided tactical support to improve the data warehouse, decrease data processing times and provide visibility in the data processing cycle.
As Brooks continues to grow, the original EDW design will face ongoing challenges with data load performance issues, a data transfer design that was no longer supporting the company needs, and inability to scale operational support due to the lack of process documentation
Approach and Solution:
Logic20/20’s system architects provided tactical support helped Brook’s show immediate results and put in place best practices. We:
- Investigated changes to the data transfer connections and protocols to improve data transfer rates and improve reliability
- Restructured the SSIS packages to improve load performance
- Redesigned the ETL package
- Provided technical documentation support for the end-to-end environment including Data Processing, Warehousing and Architecture Documentation
Value and Benefits – “the wins”
The Logic20/20 technology consulting team designed and implemented a new enterprise data warehouse. The new system will support the Brooks IT to continue providing sales and marketing insight to the greater organization. It has:
- Streamline data loading and drive lower data processing times
- Improved operational support with increased visibility into the full end to end data processing cycle.
- Improve stability and scalability.
About Brooks Sports
Brooks is committed to building extraordinary running and active women’s gear with maximum positive impact on humanity and the Earth. The Running Responsibly program is a reflection of this philosophy.