At a glance
Pew Charitable Trusts was facing challenges in collaboration and communications as they grew their worldwide operations. We leveraged stakeholder expertise and a detailed analysis of the enterprise collaboration and social software landscape to create a unified vision of the Pew enterprise collaboration strategy.
A new strategy for collaboration and communication was required to facilitate the continued growth of Pew Charitable Trusts. As the organization grew, communications were becoming more difficult between employees at different sites. They needed an enterprise communications solution and a plan to drive the organizational change towards using these new tools to increase collaboration worldwide.
Approach and solution
We analyzed the market-leading platforms and products and compared them to needs of Pew Charitable Trusts to deliver recommendations for organizational change. We:
- Created a set of metrics and priorities based on feedback from Pew’s user stories, sorted by value, impact, and difficulty.
- Devised user personas based on the user stories analyzed, to condense and make real the needs and challenges of each type of user.
- Delivered the comprehensive vision, considering both tools and change management, needed to implement this organizational change.
Value and benefits – “The Wins”
We helped Pew Charitable Trusts scale their communications operation to:
- Understand user stories and the way that users interact with communication tools.
- Analyze the landscape of enterprise collaboration solutions, including a comprehensive case for using Office 365 and SharePoint to improve communication.
- Project the priorities and milestones into a future roadmap that included a broad vision for how to commit to organizational change.
About Pew Charitable Trusts
The Pew Charitable Trusts is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with the mission of serving the public interest by improving public policy, informing the public, and stimulating civic life.